Friday, March 6, 2009

MSTA - Renaissance Center - Detroit



It's science teacher convention time! This year, Detroit is hosting and we are downtown at the Renaissance Center. As we checked in, we asked for a suite, just on a whim. She typed a few buttons but didn't say anything to us. We took our keys, and headed for the elevators. the Hotel rooms are all between 40th and 70th floors. I don't think I have ever slept in a room so high in the air. The rooms have full windows. (I can't believe that I am blogging about a room...)

The kicker came when Mirak and Hertel went into their room. It looked normal, but I noticed the connecting door was open, and it opened into a huge suite!!!! Like a party room for 25 people. It's bigger than most living rooms. And when we pushed open the wall-to-wall curtains... we had Detroit City in full view! Amazing!

As cool as it all is. This is my first overnight away from Aidan and Mom since he was born. I can't believe how much I miss them this morning. I'd put his smile up against the best scenery in the world, and he would win. H has been very gracious with me, especially during March Madness (not basketball, but International Baccalaureate) where lot of stuff happens at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment